Friday, January 11, 2013

Globes Fashion 2013

I can't decide whether to take this from a "This is what I would wear to pick up my Best Lead Actress in a Musical/Comedy award" angle or from a "This is what I think people will wear" angle.  So, it might be a little bit of both.

Here's the thing about the Globes.  Its the homely sister of the ravishing Academy Awards.  Its cool and all, and has a great personality, but you don't pull out all the stops until Oscar Night.    Its important to look good but you don't want to peak early.

STILL...I'm calling dibs...even though it shouldn't be worn until the Academy Awards...

Oscar de la Renta, Fall 2013
I find this dress to be completely breathtaking and a lovely departure from the mermaid and column dresses we see constantly.  Its exquisite.  I will need to have the worlds best spray tan because my pink skin is not a fan of yellow but its my favorite.

But, if I'm going understated...

Caroline Herrara, Fall 2013
 This is very Michelle Williams, to me.  Or..

Oscar de la Renta, Fall 2013
I'm a sucker for Oscar.  My grandma is a classy broad who owns several "Oscars".  They are just as beautiful today as they were in 70s when she wore them.

I like these pretty drapey things, too...

Pucci, Fall 2013

Jason Wu, Fall 2013

Helmut Lang, Fall 2012




Zac Posen, Fall 2013   



Or, since Sofia Vergara will be there and will need something to wear...


Those are both Zac Posens.

I'm so tired of the mermaid thing.  INSTEAD lets move on to classic dresses with a little twist.

Pucci, Fall 2013

Prapal Gurung, Fall 2013

Caroline Herrara, Fall 2013

Jason Wu, Fall 2013

Oscar de la Renta, Fall 2013

My boyfriend, Oscar, Fall 2013

Okay, I've just decided to save my yellow Oscar for the actual Oscars.  I'll wear the one shouldered number instead.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment