Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Things That Freak Me Out...a List


Alot of things freak me out.

1. Circus clowns.

2. Team Mascots and amusement park characters.

3. 1970's architecture...still standing yet forgotten by time...with its white walls and dark brown beams plastered every which way, original olive colored carpet and smelling of...oldness<shudder>

4. Oh, and antique stores.  They smell like death. They trigger my gag reflex.
 
5. That weird thing that bugs do where they mate while flying around in the air...<worse shudder>

6. This Show:

I mean WHAT THE CRAP?!?





7. Shelters for failed actors that never quite reached their full potential like "Medieval Times", "Polynesian Paradise"...I made that last one up, I can only think of "Medieval Times"...

8. Words.  Words can freak me out.  Under no circumstance are you allowed to say the word "Panty" to me.  And for heaven's sake, don't tell me that you are glad I "Turned you on to" something.  Blech.  And, please, when I leave a meeting don't ask, "So, how did you make out in there?"  Also, if you could refrain from any word or euphemism  having to do with the "no no" areas on a person's body, I would be forever grateful.

I digress...

Ahem...

9. Mickey Rourke:


10. Being the only person in a store freaks me out, and a "store" can also be a garage sale.

11. Animals that should have hair but don't...no...its not right.  Calling it a "hairless cat" as if it was nature's intention doesn't make it any easier to look at.  Its a cat...with a severe genetic mutation.

12. Genetic mutations freak me out.

13. Mexico.  Unacceptable.

14. Museums with mannequins as part of their display.  I have to approach the display from a side angle and ever...so...slowly creep toward it...allowing my eyes to scan for a possible Victorian-era postal worker in the Victorian area post office before me.  If I don't, if I just come at it full on...its like BAM!  MANNEQUIN!  And it might as well be a vampire lunging out at me, the terror is so real.


Its amazing that I can go anywhere!  I am very intensely curious to know what every day things creep you out and send a chill running up your spine.  Anyone care to share their crazy?  Or, at least, can someone make me feel more normal by sharing a common "freak me out" issue?



No comments:

Post a Comment