Friday, May 4, 2012

"Sexy Cave Girl"

My husband just got back from a week long business trip to the buzzing metro of Portland, Oregon.

Its been a lazy day as I decompress from a week of single-parenting and he sleeps off the time difference and red-eye flight home.

I showered, I dressed, I put on make up. We headed out the door for a lunch date.

On the way into Chipotle (naked burrito bowl is a gluten free girl's best friend!), I caught my reflection in the store window.

Sweet Mother of  Bam Bam!  I 'd forgotten to do my hair!!!!

Do you know what this MEANS?  No, probably not.  Because you are a normal person with straight hair or curly hair.  Your idea of undone hair is, "Oh no, my completely straight hair is flat!" or "Oops, forgot to put gel into my lusciously curly hair so now it has to only look like Maid Marion in "Prince of Thieves" instead of like Mariah Carey in the 1990s."

My hair, on the other hand, is both.  BOTH, I tell you!  Kinky, curly, frizzy on top.  Straight on the bottom. Its a distant cousin of the mullet.

Well, it looked like this:
 
 

Attempting to distill the horror that my husband MUST have been feeling, I tried to tell him that its that "Sexy Cave Girl" thing that guys are always fantasizing about.  That's a thing...right?

And I mean, if this girl is good enough for Kevin Costner, what is my husband complaining about??

Native American Orphan Lady/My Hair Mentor

I usually straighten it, but that takes work.  So, the other option is to curl it.  But then I show up at choir, Room Mom meetings, at the end of my driveway to get my trash can, and it looks like I'm about to head out to prom.  Although, honestly, living in the South, I can get away with it.

So, you know.  Fine.  My hair is tragic.  But I'm telling you...this Sexy Cave Girl thing is going to catch on.  Soon "All y'all" (southern) will be running to your hair dresser and asking for a spiral perm. "But just on the top half of my hair, please!"

2 comments:

  1. You always make me laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine does that, too! Except it is on the left and right - the right side curls perfectly. The left side is straight. Both only on the bottom layer as the top layer is a frizzy mass of semi-but-not-really-waves.

    ReplyDelete