Monday, September 10, 2012

"Ah-weema-wap, Ahweema-wap"

Went to a Worship Conference last week. 

I did it because I am serious about my craft.  You could tell because I wore a big baggy scarf draped every-so-effortlessly around my neck even though it was 90 degrees outside.

It was my signal to the others at the conference that I am artsy, just like them.  Even if I can't play an instrument, can barely write a song, and do NOT own horn-rimmed glasses.

So, I come home from this conference and pour my heart into my musical offering to the Lord yesterday. 

Feeling renewed and regenerated, I take my seat with my husband for the message.

We are starting a series on the book of Ruth.

The second verse mentions Ruth's father-in-law, Elimelech. 

Out of nowhere,  NOWHERE, I tell you, I start singing in my head to the tune of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech, Elimelech.

It fades into

Hush, my darling.  Be still my darling.  For Boaz sleeps tonight. (hey, hey)
Hush, my darling, Be still my darling, For Boaz sleeps tonight. (hey, hey)

It is then layered with that high dude's part:

(nao)-MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

In the middle of wracking my brain for a biblical reference to use for the super high girl's part, my sane self breaks up the party.

What

On earth

Am I doing!

This is my "art".  My true medium.  Entertaining myself.  Or, as has been pointed out to me in the past, being "easily amused." 

Mind you, I looked perfectly normal on the outside, in my nice dress, heals, perfectly (if I do say so myself) done hair. 

I leaned over and sang my song to my husband.

He was not so easily amused.

But, then again, he is SO analytical.  Also, he doesn't even OWN a flouncy scarf.

Psh, what does he know...

No comments:

Post a Comment