Monday, September 19, 2011

Hobo Chic


Its 2011.  And, like that announcement, I am really really late in realizing that I am super dupes over this look:



Boot leg jeans with pointy high-healed shoes/boots.  I KNOOWWWW, some of you are offended and I'm sorrrryyyyyy.  But, I am about 3 years behind Paris, at least, so its best you listen to Auntie Sara.

What I love with a deep abiding passion are these jeans:


J.Crew Matchstick Jeans.  I wanted to be cutting edge, throw my avant garde spirit in the face of all those establishment types with their suits and their square views, and buy a pair of skinny jeans a couple months ago. (3 years behind Paris, don't forget...well, okay 5...now shut up about it)

However, I've had two babies and no longer look like Kate Moss.  So I bought some cheapy skinnies and spent most of my day hoisting them up.  Then, I tried on the Matchsticks.  They're not "skinny" per se.  They are faux skinny.  Anyone can wear them.  No REALLY.   I'm not editor of Glamour magazine telling you that even pudgy size 4 girls with no prospects can squeeze their massive thighs into them.  They work.

Here's the problem, I'm also not super dupes into this look:

Don't give him any money, he'll just blow it on skinny jeans

The Homeless Family look because I squandered our entire savings ($115) at J.Crew.  Although, I prefer to call it "Hobo Chic".

I don't know what to tell ya.  These Matchstick jeans work.  They don't need hoisting.  They feel like pajamas but look like you could go to a club if you didn't have spit up on your shirt.  But...$115???  Luckily for me, I found some at JCrew Outlet.  $40 plus 20% off!  So, I got them for like...um...cheaper than $40!  The only issue is that the fly randomly falls wide open.  I have gotten used to walking into choir practice, having a lady politely whisper in my ear, then turning toward the altos to fix my fly so the Tenors and Basses don't see.  Sorry Altos...its the high cost of Hobo Chic.






No comments:

Post a Comment