Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nerd Love

In high school, I had HUGE crushes on two guys.  One was the quarterback at his high school, the other was the running back for his school.  I felt so awesome because I was friends with these guys.  Brawny, athletic, cool.  They made up for everything that I was seriously lacking.   I was skinny, awkward, and a dork.

All high school and college girls want to marry Mr. Quarterback:

He's so dreamy, I wish we could go steady



















This is a huge mistake.

I know this because I married  this guy:


Nerd Boudoir Picture. Hubba hubba















Maybe not this EXACT guy, but I married a nerd.  And it was the best decision I ever made.  In list form, here is why Nerd Love is better than Cool Love...

1.  They are just so stinking grateful that you are a real girl.  This is very empowering.  To the world, a Nerd Wife may be a 5 on a scale of 1-10 in gorgeous-ness.  Maybe a solid 6 or 7 if the Nerd is lucky.  But, if  Nerd Wives go purely on our Nerd Husbands' cute sense of bewilderment that we've noticed them, we are super hot...at least an 11.  Dating and marrying Nerd is great for the self esteem.

2.  The sweetness factor.  Lots of girls I know married the quarterback.  But, a couple years later, they are complaining that all he does is watch football, he doesn't listen, he doesn't connect emotionally, etc.  Nerds are sweet!  Sure, we completely overlooked them in high school and abused them in college when we needed help on our homework, but  now, THEY are the ones getting the sugar. No woman cares about who was All State in 1994 when they need a little tenderness and sweetness in 2011.

3.  Tech support.  This is not to be overlooked, folks!  I have free, 24/7 support for my wireless, my phone, my internet, my cable, etc., til death to us part.  If you are looking for love in 2011, you have to take the long view.  Sure, in 1848, marrying for brawn was practical...someone needed to work the plow and hitch up the wagon team!  But, in 2011, you go Nerd.  I've never once had to know what my "Wireless" actually is.  Everytime I accidentally open an email from Tunisia that promises me $1,000,000 but gives me a virus instead, I slap on a little lipstick, wear an attractive outfit (read: Star Trek uniform), and bat my eye lashes until Husband makes it all better.  Marrying the quarterback is short term.  Marrying for tech support will add years to your life.  And, in my opinion of where the world is headed, and if you are really looking to the future, possibly get yourself an Aero Space Nerd who speaks Mandarin Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment