Monday, October 17, 2011

Drinking Problem

Hello, my name is Sara.  And I...well, I'm not an alcoholic.  But I DO have a drinking problem.  And, not THIS kind of drinking problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4plPGRG8o

Tee hee.  Tee hee hee hee.  Ahhhhhhh, Airplane!  Such a good movie...

Wait, we were talking about something else.  Oh, right, my drinking problem.

I.LOVE.water.

I am thirsty all the time.  Is that some type of medical problem?  I have a glass of water by my bed, one that I tote around with me all day, one on the piano because a singer such as myself can NOT have dehydrated vocal chords, I've even gone outside and noticed that I've left glasses of water just propped up in the grass from where I set them down to play with the kids.  (My issues with picking up after myself will be in a different post...one vice at a time...baby steps)

I'm in a praise band at church.  I believe, with all my heart, that you cannot be a successful praise and worship leader without a completely humble, service-driven mindset.  Howevs, I also think that it would behoove everyone in the band to allow me to have an entourage.  Its just to carry my things, so it okay!  I routinely juggle a travel cup of chai latte to wake me up, a cup of water because of my issues, and then even a cup of Throat Coat tea if I have a sore throat.  That's alot to carry from the stage, to the office, to the back of the church, and up to the stage again!  Or maybe I just need a 85% recycled -paper- whatever- cup -caddy from Starbucks.  That would probably send a better message than 3 guys in sunglasses named Ozzie, J-Phat (short for Jehosophat. Its biblical. Look it up), and Fish.

Okay ONE MORE THING. You know that movie, Signs?  The little girl in the movie has cups of water all over the place.  She asks her Dad for a glass of water.  He says, "You've got some right there."  And, in her infinite wisdom, the little girl says, "It has dust in it."

YES, Little Girl from Signs!!!!  I get it.  I have cups of water every where but must always get a fresh glass because my other water "tastes old".  My husband things I'm crazy, but somewhere in Hollywood, a screenwriter has my same issues!  Maybe even M.Night Shyamalan himself!

M and I taste dead water

I could go on and on.  The one thing I despise about Disney World is that their fountain water "tastes like swamp".  My tap water in Michigan was brilliant, but the water in Fairfax, Va "tastes like a pool", which is far better than the water in West Palm Beach which "tastes like salt".  Such is my mania.  Speaking of which, I'm feeling thirsty...gotta go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment