Monday, October 3, 2011

Retro Peach - Mr. Sketch

My family and I were hanging out with some friends this weekend.  One of their daughters came up to me to show me a picture she had made.  Her big brown eyes staring up at me, seeking my approval like an adorable little puppy.  So cute....

But then I saw it.

A box in her left hand.

I quickly shoved the little girls' picture away and squealed, "Oh my goodness!  WHAT ARE THOSE?!?"

Do YOU want to know what those were?

MR. SKETCH  MARKERS!!!!!!













YES!!!!!

While the tenaciously persistent puppy girl sweetly asked again for me to look at her picture, I grabbed the box, tore open the top and did what every child did in the 80s.  I started sniffing.

Oh my.

Such smells!  Fruit Punch!  Lemon!  Blueberry!  Mint?  Meh....

But still!  I have not laid eyes or nose on these things since at least 1986!

Apparently, they are still widely available at Walmart, Staples, Office Max, etc.

I don't just love the smells, I love lining them up and looking at them.  I mean, come on!  How pretty!














They are like Skittles for your eyes!

Eventually, I did give the girl her markers back.  And by "give" I mean that she pleaded with me to the point where I suddenly realized that I was 33, she was 7, and that a Mr. Sketch fascination has its place in the world, but only when checked by a certain level of dignity.

Fast forward to right now.  I'm posting this blog and then Auntie Sara has a rendezvous with Mr. Sketch at my nearest Staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment